Call our non-emergency number at 409-737-1800 and request for someone to come take a look.
Fill out the form on our join page and someone from our recruitment office will be intouch.
Fires are only allowed if they are in a container (metal fire pit or BBQ pit). Coals should NOT be dumped in the garbage cans or onto the sand, but should be extinguished with water and disposed of properly. Fires may be prohibited if the county is in a burn ban.
Dolphins/Whales - 877-WHALEHELP or 800-962-6625
Birds - 512-389-4848 or 281-842-8100
Sea Turtles - 866-TURTLE5
Fireworks are prohibited in Jamaica Beach, including on the beach per city ordinance.
- Make sure to have extra blankets and layers ready in case power goes out. Road conditions may be treacherous, so have water and food supplies ready. Check in with your elderly family and neighbors to see if they need help.
Protect your Plants
- Know the temperature thresholds of your plants. If possible, cover your plants before the cold weather sets in to help retain some heat.
- Make sure your car has supplies such as water and blankets in case you get stranded due to icy roads. Check to see if you need to fill up your tank before the cold weather event.
Protect your Pipes
- Insulated your pipes if possible, and open up the sink cabinets to expose the pipes to heated air. Disconnect outdoor hoses and turn off water to sprinkler systems.
Protect your Pets
- Please bring your pets inside.
- Be sure to check in with the latest forecasts, and learn the signs of
hypothermia and frostbite.
Resource: National Weather Service
Ice and Snow, Take it Slow!
Remember to take extra care while driving in winter weather, especially when approaching a bridge or an overpass. These places are dangerous since:
- There is no ground underneath allowing the entire structure to be surrounded by cold air thus making it freeze faster
- Freezing isn't uniform... shaded parts can be icy while sunny parts aren't
Slow down before the bridge, as changing speed on ice is dangerous
Source: National Weather Service - Houston/Galveston
- Insulate all water pipes & outdoor faucets
- Drain pipes & turn off water in unoccupied properties
- Seal/repair weather stripping on doors & windows
- Reverse your ceiling fanes
- Have chimney cleaned & inspected
- Teat your carbon monoxide detector(s)
People | Pets | Plants | Pipes
- Bring potted plants inside a shelter or in your garage.
- Apply a thick layer of mulch around plants.
- Water your plants. Water helps trap heat or slow heat loss around the plant.
- Cover the plants. Use a sheet , ox or container. Remeber to uncover.
- Check on your family , elderly and neighbors that may need help winterizing their home or a warm place to stay.
- Brin pets indoors. Ensure adequate warmth for livestock.
- Cover or insulate exposed pipes, incuding those pipes underneath raised homes.
Source: National Weather Service